Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Mofo #6: Who Loves Peanut Butter and Jelly?



this guy!

there are few meals that make me happier than the humble peanut (or in my case, almond) butter and jelly sandwich. there are as many ways to make pbj as there are types of nut butters and jellies combined. grape jelly? or strawberry? peanut butter on one slice, boysenberry jelly on the other? cashew butter on both slices, apple jelly in the middle? crusts? no crusts? wonder white or whole grain wheat?

do you use a spoon or a knife for the spreads? do you use the same utensil for each? or a new one? peanut butter first? or jelly? apparently these things are up for debate.



for me, it's gobs of creamy almond butter spread on two slices of white bread with a dollop of black or blueberry jam in the middle. a few weeks ago, at whole foods, i found a single serving packet of justin's maple almond butter. it was amazing. i need to pick up an entire jar for abj sandwiches. i use a knife for spreading - first in the almond butter then the same knife in the jelly. toss some green grapes on the side of the plate and hand me a juice box because i'm ready to go!

and have i mentioned my pbj friendship necklace that i got on etsy and wear every.single.day? it's awesome.


how do you like your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

6 comments:

caryn said...

grill it like its a grilled cheese sammie. your life will never be the same. mmmmmm.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I don't think I've met a guy who doesn't like peanut butter! I use the same knife, I'm lazy!

sophia said...

i love paying methodical attention to food like this!

i like almond butter and apricot jam and i insist that no cross-contamination occur between the two jars.

Alison Blue said...

Good blog, I love what I am reading here! Thanks for sharing.

clasificados said...

I had to stare closely to see it's not real. You almost got me.

birthday gift baskets said...

Im totally a peanut butter addict.